From FF to FF
- Specification is more complete now
- Property identifiers consist only of uppercase
(no lowercase in between allowed)
- Go-move/position defined for board sizes upto 52x52
- Rectangular boards possible.
- Compressed point lists for "list of point" PropValues
- Pass move may be specified as ''
- Text has been divided into two types: simpletext (basically a string)
and text, which can be formatted (hard & soft linebreaks).
- Types for properties defined (move, setup, root, gameinfo, none).
Therefore nodes can be divided into two types too: move / setup.
- Defined used charset (us-ascii) for property-identifiers and values.
For SimpleText and Text charset is specified using CA property
- Property attribute 'inherit' defined.
- Time values are given in seconds
- Handling of unknown and illegal properties defined.
Properties no longer part of FF
- CH (checkmark), SI (sigma), SE (moves in selftest),
LT (lose on time), BS, WS, TC: are considered private to SGB
- ID (game-id) : serves no purpose (see specification of EV, RO instead)
- OM (#moves per overtime), OP (length of overtime)
- CI (chinese handicap) : not needed (HA doesn't imply fixed placement of
- OV (computer type property)
- RG, SC (obsolete markup)
- AP (application) : defines writer application
- ST (style) : for handling of comments and variations
- AR (arrow), LN (line), SQ (square) : new board markup
- OT (overtime) : gameinfo to describe byo-yomi rules
- CA (charset) : defines used charset for Text & SimpleText types
- DD (dimmed positons) : grey out the listed positions
- VW (view) : restrict view
- PM (print move) : defines how move numbers should be printed
- LB (label) may have more than 4 chars now (actually unlimited length)
- SZ (size) changed (rectangular boards possible now)
- Format of DT and RE is mandatory now (no longer just recommended)
- Some rule names are mandatory now.
- FG may contain some flags and a diagram name